My last post for the CA1 assignment
I am here now to talk about an experience that happened to me during school
As I am part of VS Concert Band, Monday and Friday mornings are spent warming up to play National Anthem for the school. A prestigious Band, I joined due to a need of learning to play an instrument. After playing for the school 1 Monday morning, I was abit surprised to hear that the Sec 2s had to stay back with Sec 1s for a CCA talk. As Mr. Lee talked about the various aspects of CCA's, I started to recall a time when I 1st joined VS and tried with all my might to join VSCB...
I had filled up the CCA selection form and it returned with the result of me being sent to NPCC, despite putting it at 5th choice and Band as my 1st choice. Though it was an appealing CCA, it required a great deal of discipline and endurance which I, honestly, lack. I remembered an account of a fellow Victorian who had gone to NPCC and had to appeal 7 times to try to get into VSCB, but ultimately failed to get in.
At that time I was fearful that I might have strayed into the path of that senior, going to a CCA which I disliked. I spent a couple sleepless nights wondering about my future and sympathised
with the Sec 1s. As Mr Lee Finished his speech, I woke out of my daze and was thankful that I was able to enter such a prestigious CCA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment