Sunday, January 20, 2008

2nd post of CA1(A moment spent alone doing something I enjoyed)

It's Sam again
I would now like to reflect on an afternoon spent alone doing something I enjoyed
That "Something" would be going to East Coast Park to cycle

Many of the Bedok( where I live) community would say that East Coast Park is an ideal place for some quiet time and excercise. It took a short 5 min bicycle ride to the park, and I was revved up and ready to go. I pushed the peddles at a slow pace, positioned at the side of the road so as not to block the more reckless cyclists. As I passed the jetty I began to notice the the beauty and serenity of the park.

Storks were soaring high in the azure sky, trees and grass interlocked to form a diverse environment filled with a teeming variety of wildlife. Squirrels leapt from tree to tree with grace and butterflies carelessly looped in and out of flowers to get nectar. A rather blank expression appeared on my face as I marveled at the beauty of nature

Moving on, I reached a 1km stretch of straight road.
Feeling a sudden need for adrenaline, I pumped up the peddles of the nbike and cycled furiously. Several other cyclist going in opposite directions gave looks of shock as they rode past. Filled with satisfaction, I slowly rode home.

No comments: